AIMEE COLEMAN QUITS...
What I liked about my job:
- I'm really good at it
- I know how to do it - I've been doing it for a long time
- Superannuation (who knew!)
Perfect right? Not really. When I write my heart rights itself. And I've decided I can't do it with just one foot in anymore.
So I’m chuffing off for a few months and whilst I’m away I’m actually going to write a novel, one chapter per week for each week that I’m away. I have no real plan; I have a concept. I have a couple of characters who have been growing inside me like a pair of twins of very different ages. I have no idea how it will end. It won’t be my masterpiece, it’s unlikely to be a bestseller, but it will be a novel. One that I will have (a) finished, and (b) hopefully have enjoyed writing whilst burrowing through old corners of Japan, Europe and South America. And the first 100 people who sign up to receive my chapters every Thursday, will get a printed version of my book when I get back to Melbourne.
Photos taken on my Oppo (because I'm a trailblazing technophobe).
AIMEE COLEMAN WRITES...
No frills literary fiction. Sure it has layers and nuance, but it's also thickly unpolished, sometimes bare and sometimes not quite finished.
Bear with me.
I can tell already my writing journey is going to be one of contradictions. Possibly pro-actively disengaged at times. Savagely caring at others. I'll express myself as the feminine tradesman I am.
I'll be brutal with my love and kind with my disgust.
If you haven't gathered by now, it's a work in progress.
I hope you enjoy the journey.
In the meantime, if you have the urge:
- feel free to leave comments (be careful to mind your ps and qs though).
- get in touch: email@example.com
- peep at some of my unstrung yarns on Instagram: instagram.com/aimeecolemanwrites/
- keep up with my writing journey and the snippets of advice I've picked up on the way on medium: https://medium.com/@aimeecoleman86
- be a voyeur on this beautifully undignified path to publication on youtube.